The weather is colder, and that means people are craving warm, hearty dishes to share with loved ones. Saz’s Executive Chef Eric took a sazzy twist on a classic, and you’ll have to make it to believe it! With our Fried Mozzarella Stick Lasagna, its layers of ooey-gooey cheese that will be the talk of your holiday party. Use our Saz’s Mini Mozzarella Sticks to add a whole new level to your lasagna (literally).
We’d love to see your final dish if you try this recipe- tag Saz’s on Facebook and Instagram so we can see the final product! You can purchase Saz’s Mini Mozzarella Sticks at your local grocer in the Southeast Wisconsin area.
Fried Mozzarella Stick Lasagna
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 12 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 – 24 oz jar pasta sauce
- 1 pkg lasagna noodles
- 5 pkgs Saz’s Mini Mozzarella Sticks
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella
- Grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Basil, roughly torn or chiffonade
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a pan on high and coat with olive oil.
- Brown the beef and sausage in the oil, stir frequently until evenly heated and small chunks.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and then remove pan from heat.
- In a deep baking pan preferably around 4” deep and 12” X 15”; spread a thin even layer of the pasta sauce on bottom, then add the first layer of lasagna noodles and another thin layer of sauce on top of the pasta.
- Add the frozen mozzarella sticks in even rows to fill layer, sprinkle a little of the shredded mozzarella to fill in gaps.
- Layer half of the meat mixture on top of the mozzarella sticks and cheese.
- Add another layer of lasagna noodles and then another thin layer of the pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle an even layer of shredded mozzarella cheese and then add the other half of the meat mixture evenly spread.
- Add the final layer of lasagna noodles, another thin layer of sauce and top off with the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350ºF for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh basil.
- Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.
- Cut, serve and ENJOY!
Check back to our Recipes page for more delicious dishes to create!