Chef Dustin really went all out with this recipe, Saz’s BBQ Pulled Pork Jalapeño Bacon-Wrapped Poppers. Whatever type of poppers you’ve had before, forget them. This recipe calls for stuffing, sautéing, and sizzling for an out-of-this-world finished dish. It’s the perfect combination of sweetness and heat and will be a huge hit at your next fall party!
If you try this recipe from the comfort of your home, we’d love to see your final product. Tag Saz’s on Facebook and Instagram so we can see your handiwork. You can purchase Saz’s Signature BBQ Pulled Pork from our catering office by calling 414-256-8765 or Saz’s State House by calling 414-453-2410.
Saz’s BBQ Pork Jalapeño Bacon-Wrapped Poppers
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 12 minutes
Servings: 8 Poppers
- 1 pound Saz’s Signature BBQ Pulled Pork
- 8 jalapeños
- 16 strips of bacon (8 chopped, 8 whole strips)
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 julienne onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bunch scallions
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Roast jalapeños whole at 350° for 15 minutes or until tender to the touch. Set aside when fully cooked.
- Sauté onions with oil, salt, and pepper in a pan over medium-low heat. Cook until onions caramelize into a light golden brown color.
- Add garlic and chopped bacon to the onions and cook until bacon becomes semi-crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese and scallions in a bowl (preferably with a stand mixer or hand mixer).
- Add onion mixture into cream cheese mixture until completely incorporated.
- Slice jalapeños from top to bottom on one side to gain access to the inside while keeping the pepper intact. Remove seeds and fill with Saz’s Signature Pulled Pork and cream cheese mixture.
- Lay bacon flat on a cutting board and wrap around the pepper. Secure with a tooth pick. Repeat for the remaining peppers until all are filled
- Bake wrapped peppers on a foil covered sheet tray at 350 until the bacon is cooked (about 20 minutes). Turn the peppers after 10 minutes to ensure the bacon crisps on both sides.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Wah-la! A dish with explosive flavor in every bite. They don’t call us “The Finest” for nothing; enjoy!
Check back to our Recipes page for more delicious dishes!