Are you looking for a new recipe that will wow your friends and family at your next gathering? Well then, do we have the recipe for you. What is usually known as a soft, sweet, and sticky pastry has been transformed to be a savory, melt-in-your-mouth treat for you to snack on at a football party or friendsgiving. Don’t have a bundt pan? No worries- this recipe can easily be made in a casserole dish or muffin pans.
We’d love to see your final dish if you try this recipe- tag Saz’s on Facebook and Instagram so we can see the final product! You can purchase Saz’s Signature BBQ Pulled Pork from our catering office by calling 414-256-8765 or Saz’s State House by calling 414-453-2410.
Up next is our Saz’s Savory Pulled Pork Monkey Bread, served with caramelized onion and bacon bourbon BBQ.
Saz’s Savory Pulled Pork Monkey Bread
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour
Servings: 12 servings in one bundt pan
- 1 lb Saz’s Signature BBQ Pulled Pork
- (5) 16 oz biscuit dough tubes (not flaky)
- 12 strips of bacon (diced)
- 1/2 a yellow onion
- 1 lb fresh white cheese curds
- 1 bunch scallion (chopped)
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz Bourbon
- 1 bottle Saz’s Original BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease the bundt pan or your preferred pan.
- Pop open the biscuits and pull apart each biscuit into two pieces. Cover the bottom of the pan. Layer with 1/3 of the Saz’s Signature BBQ Pulled Pork, scallions, cheddar and white cheese curds. Cover with biscuit pieces and continue to layer 2 more times.
- Bake covered for 1 hour or until bread is cooked and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, sauté onions and bacon in a pan over medium heat. Once cooked and caramelized, add bourbon and cook until almost dry. Add Saz’s Original BBQ sauce and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Once monkey bread pan has cooled, pop out of mold upside down and serve with BBQ sauce. Enjoy!
Check back to our Recipes page for more delicious dishes to create!