We know better than anyone what it takes to throw a good party. Saz’s Executive Chef Chris created a delectable, bite-sized appetizer that will wow your friends and family at your holiday gatherings. Our Pulled Pork Stuffed Micro Peppers will be the talk of your evening with the perfect blend of sweet and savory.
We’d love to see your final dish if you try this recipe- tag Saz’s on Facebook and Instagram so we can see the final product! You can purchase Saz’s BBQ Original Sauce at your local grocer in the Southeast Wisconsin area, and you can purchase Saz’s Signature BBQ Pulled Pork from our catering office by calling 414-256-8765 or Saz’s State House by calling 414-453-2410.
Pulled Pork Stuffed Micro Peppers
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 dozen peppers
- 2 dozen micro sweet peppers
- 1 lb Saz’s Pulled Pork
- 8 oz Saz’s BBQ Original Sauce
- 24 uncooked bacon slices
Vegetable Cheese Cream Mix
- 3 oz diced red onion
- 2 oz thinly sliced green onion
- 8 oz diced roasted red bell pepper
- 1 diced jalapeño
- 4 floz heavy cream
- 2 oz brown sugar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- .5 oz (2-3 sprigs diced fine) fresh basil
- 3 oz shredded cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425℉.
- Wash micro peppers and slice lengthwise, de-stem, and de-seed. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add red onion, green onion, roasted red bell pepper, jalapeño, heavy cream, brown sugar, garlic, basil and cheddar cheese. Mix together and allow to sit for 5 minutes to macerate.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Saz’s Pulled Pork and Saz’s BBQ Original Sauce.
- Combine vegetable cheese cream mix and pulled pork mix.
- With a gloved hand, stuff the half-pepper shells with 1 -1.25 oz of pork mix (this all depends on the size of the pepper.)
- Lay down a strip of bacon on a sheet pan, and wrap the bacon around the stuffed pepper tightly.
- Put into oven and roast for 15-17 minutes at 425℉ until bacon is crispy.
- Once removed from oven, brush lightly with Saz’s BBQ Original Sauce.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Check back to our Recipes page for more delicious dishes to create!