2 cups Saz’s White BBQ Sauce
Vegetable oil for frying
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 cup flour
Ingredients for brine:
1 chicken fryer 1/8 cut (8 pieces)
1 gallon cold water
1/2 cup kosher salt OR 1 cup table salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 bay leaves, crushed
1/2 tbsp. dried thyme
1/2 tbsp. dried basil
1/2 tbsp. dried sage
1 tbsp. granulated garlic
1 tbsp. black pepper
Directions for marinade:
- PLACE brined chicken in a long, shallow, glass, baking dish.
- POUR Saz’s White BBQ Sauce overthe chicken, cover and refrigerate for a least 4 hours, turning once
- HEAT vegetable oil in a home-style deep fryer to 325 degrees. (If you have a little inner southern, you can use a cast iron skillet on stove top)
- MIX flour, salt and pepper in a gallon-size plastic Ziploc bag. Place seasoned flour and 2 pieces of chicken in bag. Seal bag and shake to coat completely. When completely coated, remove from bag and place on plate. Repeat this process until each piece of chicken is fully coated.
- FRY chicken a few pieces at a time until golden brown and the chicken’s internal temperature is 165 degrees
DRAIN chicken on a paper towel-lined plate.
Directions for Brine:
- WASH the chicken completely. In a large stockpot add cold water, salt & brown sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Add bay leaves, thyme, basil, sage, granulated garlic and pepper. Place large Ziploc bag inside of a large metal bowl and place chicken breast in bag. Add brine mixture and seal. Place in bottom shelf of refrigerator in a bowl and make sure mixture does not leak and is totally sealed.
- CHILL 4-6 hours. Remove chicken from brine and rinse well under cold running water. Completely dry patting with paper towels.